Career Counseling and Guidance Cell endeavors for the the holistic development of every student in the campus so that they can serve their community, society and motherland.
Keeping in view Students Focused Approach, the Cell provides career as well as psychological counseling to students. The counseling cell of the college begins with a significant role from admissions days by rendering valuable career guidance to students to help them to choose the right subject combinations in conjunction with their aptitude and attitude. Throughout the year, career counseling programs are carried as when the students needs any guidance from Career Counseling Cell.
Beside career, the cell also provides psychological counseling to students, addressing any behavioral problems or any other psycho-social problems/issues that they might have in their life in coordination with Department of Students Welfare. Career Counseling Cell is ready for any kind of help and guidance to students for any other problem that they might face, thereby smoothening their journey in the college and preparing them for their future life ahead to serve society, community and motherland.
1) During admission days, the Career Counseling Cell team remained active to help the needy students in the selection of their courses.
2) Career Counseling Cell extended its cooperation to Jalandhar Chapter of NIRC of ICSI in organizing “Student Induction Programme” scheduled to be held on 30th June to 7th July,2014 but was postponed due to technical reasons.
3) Extended helping hand to “TIMESPRO”(THE TIMES OF INDIA GROUP) to conduct walk-in-drive for the Banking Programme on 25th and 26th July in association with Training and Placement Cell, D A V College, Jalandhar in which 14 students were selected.
4) A page on Face Book “Career Counseling and Guidance Cell” was launched on which various articles/information is posted regarding career awareness among college students. Till date 17 articles are posted.
5) Students keep on visiting the office to secure a solution to their queries regarding career. Around 300 students have visited the office so far.
6) Keeping holistic student’s development approach, various seminars and interactive sessions were arranged.