B.R.College of Education provides B.Ed. & D.Ed. courses. Syllabus is framed as per regulation of NCTE/Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra & SCERT, Gurgaon.
GENERAL OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSES OFFERED :
Enable the student teacher
1. To promote capabilities for inculcating national values and goals as mentioned in the constitution of India.
2. To act as agents of modernization and social change.
3. To promote social cohesion, international understanding and protection of human and rights of the child.
4. To become competent committed professional willing to perform the identified task.
5. To use competencies and skills needed for becoming an effective teacher.
6. To be sensitive student teacher about emerging issues such as environment, population, gender equity, legal literacy etc.
7. To inculcate rational thinking and scientific temper among the students.
8. To develop critical awareness about the social realities among the students.
9. To use managerial and organizational skills.
B.R.COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, KURUKSHETRA
|15th September, 2010|
|Meeting for Counseling Planning for B.Ed. students||17th Sep.2010|
|Students Counseling for Admission to B.Ed. Course||21st Sep. to 15th Dec. 2010|
|1||Starting of B.Ed. Classes||20th October 2010|
|2||Orientation Programme for B.Ed. Course||20th Oct. to 22nd Oct. 2010|
|3||Mehandi Competition on occasion of Karva Chauth||25th October, 2010|
|4||Visit to Panorma for Science Exhibition & Workshop||29th, 30th October, 2010|
|5||Orientation about Micro Teaching||4th November, 2010|
|6||Micro, Mega and Simulated Teaching||5th November, 2010
24th November, 2010
|7||Teaching Practice B.Ed.||25th November, 2010
15th December, 2010
|8||World Aids Day Celebration||1st December, 2010|
|9||Visit to Geeta Jayanti at Brahm Sarover||17th December, 2010|
|10||Winter Break||19th December, 2010
5th January, 2011
|11||Regular Teaching||After Winter Break|
|12||Assignment Submission by Students||10th January, 2011|
|13||Lohri Celebration||13th January, 2011|
|14||Polio Awareness Programme||22nd January, 2011|
|15||National Voters Day Celebration||25th January, 2011|
|16||Extension Lecture||28th January, 2011|
|17||Science Day Celebration||8th February, 2011|
|18||One Day Trip To Craft Mela Suraj Kund||12th February, 2011|
|19||Women’s Day Celebration||8th March, 2011|
|20||Polio Awareness Abhiyaan||Regularly|
|21||Talent Search Show||14th, 15th & 16th March, 2011|
|22||Annual Sports Meet||25th March, 2011|
|23||Dental Checkup Camp||28th March, 2011|
|24||Tree Plantation||31st March, 2011|
|25||Extension Lecture on Yoga and Meditation||1st April, 2011|
|26||Assignment Submission by Students||2nd April, 2011|
|27||Extension Lecture on Cervical Cancer & Competition on Female Feticide||4th April, 2011|
|28||Second Teaching Practice||5th April to 18th April, 2011|
|29||Workshop on Polio Drive and First Aid||19th April to 21st April, 2011|
|30||Workshop on Interior Decoration, Art & Craft||25th April to 26th April, 2011|
|31||Blood Donation Camp||28th April, 2011|
|32||Workshop on Communication Skill & Personality Development Programme||2nd May to 4th May, 2011|
|33||Alumni Association Meet||4th June, 2011|
|34||Convocation||5th June, 2011|
|35||House Examination of B.Ed.||16th May to 2nd June, 2011|
|36||Practicum & Sessional (Viva-Voce of Different Project)||7th June to 22nd June, 2011|
|37||Annual Prize Distribution Function||June, 2011|
|38||Internal Assessment||Last week of June, 2011|
|39||Annual Examination B.Ed.||As per notification of K.U.K.|
COMMITTEES, CLUBS AND CELLS
- Admission Committee (B.Ed.)
- Admission Committee (D.Ed.)
- Standing Advisory Committee
- Academic Programmes / Calendar Committee
- Time Table Committee
- Teaching Practice Committee
- Examination and Result Committee
- Internal Assessment Committee
- Scholarship Committee
- Seminar and Workshop Organizing Committee
- Educational Tour Committee
- Co-Curricular Activities Committee
- Sports Committee
- Hospitality Committee
- Feedback Analysis Committee
- Library Advisory and Book Purchase Committee
- Health Hygiene and Campus Beautification Committee
- College Magazine committee
- Discipline Committee and Anti Ragging Committee
- Disposal of waste material and Purchase Committee
- Printing and Stationary Committee
- Morning Assembly Committee
- Art & Craft Club
- Red Ribbon Club
- Science Club
- Eco Club
- Mathematics Club
- Language Club (Hindi)
- Language Club (English)
- Press Club
- Guidance and Counseling
- Placement Cell
- Women Cell
Grievance and Redressel Cell
RULES AND REGULATIONS
In order to attain goals and achieve success in life, discipline plays very important role. For maintaining discipline decorum, B.R.College of Education requires its students to follow some rules and regulations:
- Minimum 75% attendance for B.Ed. and 85% for D.Ed. (in lectures, tutorial and practical classes) is mandatory requirement for appearing in examination. The students who fail to meet the minimum attendance requirement (calculated on the basis of combined schedule of theory and practical hours) will not be permitted to appear in the final exam.
- If after enrollment in the institute a student does not attend classes without leave for more than seven days his/her name shall be struck off from the college rolls.
- It shall be the responsibility of all students to take note of all the notice board for their information and compliance. Non-compliance of instructions will not be entertained.
- R. College of Education is strictly non-smoking zone. Any Kind of ragging and sexual harassment will lead to expulsion from the institute.
- Students must reach their respective classrooms before the lecturer arrives for the scheduled session.
- This students who do not appear in Micro Teaching will be fined Rs. 50/- per day, for Real Teaching fine will be Rs. 100/- per day.
- List of other fines charged by the college:
- House Examinations – Rs.100/- per Exam.
- Sessional – Rs.200/- per Exam.
- Lecture fine – Rs.10/- per lecture.
- For not attending college activity- Rs.200/- per activity.
- For not attending Morning Assembly- Rs.20/- per day.
- For not wearing proper uniform- Rs.50/- per day.
- For using mobile phone in the class room & Library- Rs.50/-
- Library fine after due date – Rs. 1/- per day.
- Late fees fine after due date- Rs.100/- per day.
- In case the defaulter deposits the fine then also he/she is supposed to appear in the revised sessional exam fixed by the college.
- In continuous default of seven days, the name of the student will be struck off from the college rolls.
- Students must be well behaved while dealing with teaching & non-teaching staff.
ADMISSION POLICY & PROCESS OF B.ED.
A candidate who possesses the following qualifications with 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks in case of S.C. Candidates and 45% marks in case of Totally Blind candidates) shall be eligible to join the course:-
- Graduate/Post Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University
- Shashtri Examination (New Scheme) of Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Any other examination of other Universities recognized by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra as equivalent to above mentioned examinations of this University
- There shall be no rounding off of percentage of marks of the qualifying examination from 0.5% and above to next higher number for determining eligibility i.e. 49.5% and above will not be rounded to 50%.
- Compartment candidates will not be allowed admission in B.Ed. Regular Course in any case.
- These guidelines may change as per the instructions given by NCTE, Kurukshetra University & Haryana Government from time to time.
FEE STRUCTURE OF B.ED.